Experienced Litigator Providing Tailored Representation
Attorney Darvy Mack Cohan’s legal practice focuses on business matters. He solves problems arising from bankruptcy, real estate, business operations and probate disputes.
Whether the solution involves a trial, settlement negotiations or alternative dispute resolution techniques, attorney Cohan works to achieve the best possible outcome for his clients. He does this by involving the client throughout the process and by being mindful of the client’s concern for cost-effective legal representation.
Contact Mr. Cohan’s La Jolla office at 858-459-4432 today to schedule an appointment to discuss a case in one of the areas of practice listed below:
- Bankruptcy litigation and appeals: Primarily a creditors’ rights attorney, Mr. Cohan represents creditors in bankruptcy fraud and other nondischargeable debt matters, as well as in relief from stay for the recovery of secured real property and personal property.
- However, he also uses his experience and understanding of the Bankruptcy Code to defend debtors in bankruptcy litigation and to represent business debtors, especially small-business debtors, in bankruptcy reorganization. Attorney Cohan represents clients in Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 13 and creditors’ rights matters within the context of his bankruptcy practice.
- Business and commercial litigation and appeals: Mr. Cohan undertakes the litigation and transactional work needed to keep a business operating smoothly. He does business formations, contracts and licensing. He handles disputes arising from these and all business and commercial matters. He offers ongoing counsel and representation to businesses to prevent minor problems from developing into major disputes.
- Real estate litigation and appeals: Attorney Cohan represents commercial and residential plaintiffs and defendants in matters related to fraud, construction defects and failure to make full disclosure about the condition of a property. He also represents sellers, landlords and tenants in matters related to contracts and unlawful detainer actions.
- Probate and estate administration: Even with the right documents in place, there are frequently contentious legal disputes over estates. Attorney Cohan uses his knowledge of business formation and dissolution to resolve problems with estates that include small businesses. He also drafts and probates wills and helps resolve problems related to other estates.
Take Action Today With Qualified Legal Help
An attorney in practice for many years, Darvy Mack Cohan has been recognized by his peers for his high ethical standards and high level of client service. This has resulted in an AV rating* in Martindale-Hubbell’s national peer review rating service for lawyers.